Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Day in the Life of Olivia

What do we do all day? Well, we do a lot. We love hanging out! It all starts at around 5:15am. She gets a little restless at around this time, wanting something to nibble on. I change her diaper and feed her for about 20 minutes and she usually goes right back to sleep. Some days, she wakes up earlier, but she always goes back to sleep. Now is the time when mommy contemplates getting up and getting her workout over with, but it never happens.

Next, she'll wake up again at around 7:15 to finish off her meal that she started earlier. We change her diaper, feed her and.....yep. Back to sleep. Again, this is when mommy thinks really hard about getting up to get her workout over with - but dangit - this little piglet is so snuggly - I can't do it. I usually let her sleep in our bed at this time of the morning. We love to cuddle.


I especially love this flattering angle of myself. Maybe I'll tape this to her co-sleeper so it's the first thing I see when I wake up. Motivation for staying awake and working out. Meh.

After our morning cuddle, I finally decide it's time to get my workout over with. But little bit still isn't finished sleeping, so I just move her to her to her swing. She loves to swing. Most days, she'll sleep until 9:30. It's during this time that I finally do get my workout in.


After my workout - she usually wakes up. It's almost like she knows I'm working out and she lets me finish it before she wakes. Or maybe she's just tired. Who knows. Another diaper change and feeding for my buddy.

Play time! She loves this time. She's really starting to participate in play time. For the first few weeks, I think I was just playing with myself. She had no idea what was going on. But now - she coos and talks and SMILES. Lots of smiling. She especially loves her giraffe rattle. We play until she gets bored of it. Usually lasts for about 45 minutes.



Nap time. She will either nap on me while she's in her little carrier - like right now - or I'll hold her or she'll go back in her swing. She's starting to only take 20-30 minute naps. This girl loves to be awake during the day. She doesn't want to miss anything. But she knows that nighttime is for sleeping. She's a great little baby. All babies are great, but she is especially great because of this.

It's during this time that, if I'm feeling especially brazen, we'll venture to Target (where I am becoming a regular) or to Publix for our grocery trip.

She'll wake up, get a diaper change and another feeding and off for more play time. Then she'll doze off for another quick nap.

At around 6:00, she'll eat yet again and we'll get ready for our nightly walk. Today is a little rainy, so we may not get our walk in. I hate that. I love routine and I especially love our walk. She loves looking around at everything and it gives us a chance to get out of the house. Layla Brown especially looks forward to this time every night. Plus, it's an extra workout for me. We usually do about a mile.



Then, we come back and sit outside and play ball with Layla Brown. We usually listen to some Pandora, do a little dancing and then the fussing commences. This is fuss hour. She's worn herself out from the daily activities and she's ready for bed. This is when the swing comes in handy again. I can put her in there and she can occupy herself long enough for me to make and eat dinner.

But - routine first! We start our bedtime routine at around 8:00 - as long as she isn't too fussy. I think our little routine has been what has caused her to be such a great sleeper. It's bath time, then we change into our jammies, and eat for the last time.






She loves her bath time. Such a sweetie.

I try to put her in her co-sleeper right after she gets her little belly full - while she's still awake so that she can learn how to fall asleep on her own. This isn't always the case, but she does do a great job of falling asleep alone. Very seldom does she cry when I put her in there.

Bedtime is 9:00. I'd like to start reading her a book when she gets a little older, so we'll push our routine back at around 7:45. I've got LOTS of books for her. I can't wait!!

I put her to bed and turn on the monitors and then it's a little mommy and daddy down time. Sometimes, I'll have a little glass of vino and we'll watch a movie or we'll just have a little chat time. It's the perfect way to end our little day. I'm usually in bed by 10.

I love our days together and I know they will be coming to an end before I know it.  I'm enjoying every minute of these days with my sweet baby girl.








2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing when you look back at your day? you're doing great and I don't blame you for snuggling up! what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated your cute little blog for the liebster award. It's on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete